Main Forum

Raiding Tips

4 replies
Votes:
+2
Admins
The Boss
I thought this was a pretty good list of the core competencies that a raid member should bring to raid. The video is not aimed at Mythic raiders but rather at the more casual Normal / Heroic raiders. Check it out if you are so inclined.
Posted Dec 20, 17 · OP
Votes:
+2
Admins
The Boss
Hey everyone,

I found an article that my old raid leader had us read and it is truly one of the most comprehensive guides to increasing your raid awareness that I have ever seen. I encourage anyone who wants to improve their raid skills to give it a read. Especially if you are considering updating your UI or addons. It gives great advise on how to optimally configure addons and your UI to give you the information you need when you need. it.

https://iam.yellingontheinternet.com/2014/01/29/raid-awareness-is-a-learned-and-practiced-skill/

There are lots of cool links in the article, but here is one that is really fun, and an eye opener as to how difficult raid awareness is. Go ahead and try this multi-tasking test and see how high you can score.

https://www.kongregate.com/games/icylime/multitask
Posted Dec 25, 17 · OP · Last edited Dec 25, 17 by Whodamage
Votes:
+3
Untagged users
We have a few lingering problems that need to be worked out going into heroics.
1. Raids need to start on time. Our time is limited so spending the first half hour getting everything going is detrimental. People should be ready to go at start. Raid leaders shouldnt have to chase you down.
2. We still have people making the same mistakes over and over again. Raid awareness is going to become more and more important going into heroics and eventually mythic.
3.People need to pick a character and stick to it.
4. All of our healers need a viable dps spec. This is very important when certain fights only call for 2 or 3 healers. Any dps that can have a tank spec should have a viable one should the need arise that they have to tank for a night. As much as I love feeling so important. Id rather the team could still raid even if myself or blood couldnt be there.
5. Talking in raid needs to be kept minimum. Tanks and important call outs should be all.
6. Know the fight before going in. Were all guilty of this but that needs to change so we dont waste so much time explaining fights.
Now please dont anyone take this as a shot to people. Its not at all. Im just passing along some things Ive learned from my days in KMS raiding with seidus that helped me a ton.
Posted Jan 13, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+2
Admins
The Boss
Nuk,

Thanks for posting... very good feedback.
Posted Feb 11, 18 · OP
Votes:
+1
Untagged users
I approve this message :)
Posted Feb 12, 18
Top Posters
20 Posts
7 Posts
4 Posts
3 Posts
2 Posts